Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Every year there are approximately 270,000 incidents of ‘hate crime’ in the UK. These are crimes that usually involve violence and are committed against someone because of their disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or other type of prejudice.
This course aims to promote equality and diversity and is a great qualification for employees across all sectors, especially where good practice of equality and diversity exists.
The course strengthens employees’ knowledge on best practice and makes learners more socially aware. Subjects covered throughout the course include personal and social identities, beliefs, values, stereotyping and labelling and prejudice and discrimination.
Benefits for the business:
- Upskill staff members
- Increase teamwork and morale as staff become more aware of how to communicate effectively and support colleagues
- The course offer can be used as a staff benefit or as part of a development scheme
- Increase the health, safety and security in the workplace as the course covers this.
Benefits for the employees:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Enhance both personal skills and professional development
- Courses are delivered as distance learning
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed.
Flyers & Demos
Unit 1: Equality and Diversity in Society
In this unit, learners will understand what is meant by the term 'equality' and explore the effects of stereotyping and labelling.
Unit 2: Equality and Diversity in the Community
This unit will help learners identify the extent of diversity that exists within a community and understand the benefits of equality and diversity.
Unit 3: Equality and Diversity in the Workplace
This unit covers how equality and diversity can be promoted and maintained by employees, and will identify the benefits of a diverse workforce.